Remains of the cloister
The excavation uncovered the remains of the south and west wing of the cloister and a section of the cloister-garth of the Barfüsserkloster (Franciscan Friary). The openings in the wall facing the garth were decorated with Gothic tracery in red sandstone. When the friary was demolished in 1843, the builders carefully removed the tracery so that it could be reused. Broken pieces were left on site and have now been recovered.
Information on the excavation that is taking place in the cloister of the Barfüsserkloster:
- Fragment of tracery
- 13th/14th centuries
- finding place: music hall of the city casino